Computing 2.5 - Effective Searching
- To understand the terminology associated with searching.
- To gain a better understanding of searching the Internet.
- To create a leaflet to help someone search for information on the Internet.
Computing 1.4 - Lego Builders
- To emphasise the importance of following instructions.
- To follow and create simple instructions on the computer.
- To consider how the order of the instructions affects the result.
Computing: Unit 1 – Online Safety and Exploring Purple Mash
- To log in safely
- To start to understands the idea of ‘ownership’ of their creative work.
- To learn how to find saved work in the Online Work Area and find teacher comments.
- To learn how to search Purple Mash to find resources
- To become familiar with the types of resources available in the Topics section.
- To become familiar with the icons used on the resources in the Topics section.
- To start to add pictures and text to work.
- To explore the Tools section of Purple Mash and to learn about the common icons used in Purple Mash for Save, Print, Open, New.
- To understand the importance of logging out when they have finished
Computing: Unit 1.2 – Grouping and Sorting
- To sort items using a range of criteria.
- To sort items on the computer using the ‘Grouping’ activities in Purple Mash.
This half term we will be learning computer skills. Children will be taught the basic computer skills that they will need in order to be able to use a desktop or laptop computer. Children will learn how to use a computer mouse or a trackpad and how to switch on and shut down a computer. They will apply their mouse or trackpad skills by launching applications, manipulating windows and opening and saving files and folders. The children will then practise their clicking skills and learn how to drag objects, either using a mouse or trackpad.